Monday, October 12, 2009

Foundation - At Last!

The foundation is now underway. Last Friday the footings were poured. As you can see, they are stepped for the grade. Today work begins on the stem walls. So far no rain to muck things up.

The Carlock building team, Zach, Chris and Matthew
, are tying the rebar and setting up the forms. I am providing homemade chocolate chip cookies to keep them inspired and motivated.

This morning the house was freezing. I realized that I am going to have to use some of my birthday money to invest in polar fleece to get
through the next 4 months.

On another note, I have noticed the other comforts of home the team brings to the project. A Honey Bucket and a stereo system. The Bosch Stereo is also disguised as a power source. What will those guys think of next for toys on the construction site?

No comments:

Post a Comment