Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good-Bye Old House!



Bill and I woke up this morning to see this magnificent rainbow.
It seemed really symbolic to me as it reached
between the old and new houses.



We are in the final days before the old house is going away.
Fortunately,we have found someone interested in removing
the kitchen cabinets, five panel doors and breakfront.
Slowly things are being dismantled.


As the layers are pealed away, the story behind
the house seems to be revealed.
Most notably in the wallpaper.

I knew the flowers and pitcher wall paper existed. I could see it
every time I opened the cupboard to remove something.


The rhododendron wall paper in the dining room was a SURPRISE!
So bright and cheery.
Reminiscent of some happy meals and gatherings, I am sure.


A delicate grey, pink and white paper was revealed near
the opening. Reminded me of my parents
wedding china from the 50's.



The front door has been removed.
The house is becoming one with nature.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I hardly recognize it anymore. It must feel strange to see it so pared down...not to mention soon-to-be 'teared' down. When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete